MY LAST DAY AT MOE


 
How I applied for my MOE SCHOLARSHIP

Monday, 25th September,2018 . 

It was a fine morning, I was sleeping in my bed lazily, suddenly at 7:00am I got a phone call from one my friends , she said "oe BDS ko result aaisakyo xito uth" (wake up, the results are out!) . I struggled to open my eyes wide despite of the heart-pounding news as I had a hangover of sleepless stressful night earlier that day. 

I unlocked my phone and saw my newsfeed flooded with the exam results. Checked my name, there was it, my name listed amongst the merit list. I made a sigh of relief, called my parents and asked them what would they want me to do next as I was just a young and insecure girl who always doubted if she could make wise life choices. 

I couldn't afford staying in dilemma anymore about what career I am going to pursue and so I decided to go for dentistry. I visited BDS orientation at MMC(which is not so needed if you're applying for a scholarship) and met two guys outside; (who now are very good friends of mine at PDCH ) they said they would apply for scholarship at People's dental college and hospital/PDCH. I got a glimpse of hope that I wasn't alone in my upcoming journey of medicine. 

Got all my documents assembled (citizenship, character certificate and marksheets of both school and high school, migration certificate, photos)and waited for the next notice from MOE to arrive. Till then, I felt like a bird who was just freed from the cage of entrance preparation life and started visiting places, as if I was having a vacation. 

We got our first notice from MOE that asked us to fill up a online form for the candidates ranked from 1 to 40(this is just an example, I don't have much idea about the cut off list for CEE, we never appeared it). After filling up our online forms, we received a number(you ought to keep it safely).

Next step, again waited for the next notice that mentioned our numbers(got from the form fill up) and respective candidates needed to submit the photocopies of their documents (It's all in the respective notice, so read them carefully).

Then MOE published a next notice listing the candidates according to their rank on the basis of the merit list(we called it MOE kai rank). 

The next notice was on college selection. Be very careful with it, since you might miss the opportunity to get enrolled in the college you want. You get to fill up a form with colleges names on it and your priority order numbering 1,2,3.. depending upon the number of colleges. (it all again depends upon your rank and students' priorities though) 

I would be restless waiting MOE's notices because they took weeks to publish one(you know what government jobs are like๐Ÿ˜‚) and yes, I forgot to tell you, we had to wait hours lined up in the queue just to submit our documents and that was pretty hectic. 

MOE published another notice listing the name of students and the colleges they would want to get enrolled into. 

Finally, we had to submit our original documents that included citizenship, high school Transcript, and character certificates. 

Lastly, Had to sign an application with the Moe scholar's names on it and I got my certificate of scholarship from the ministry of education. 

It was a beautiful certificate; holding it on my hands made me forget all my hard work and those sleepless nights. It really was an achievement to feel that you actually are deserving; and for a moment, the government had made me feel so.๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚



                                                        PDF and Notes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY JOURNEY FROM AN ASPIRANT TO A DENTAL STUDENT

Bachelor of Dental surgery (BDS) : Basic introduction about the course