MY JOURNEY FROM AN ASPIRANT TO A DENTAL STUDENT

 

Completed my high school in 2017,and being not just an "average student" (not bragging about myself; my seniors always said I was one😅) , there were a plenty of career options for me to pursue (again, not bragging👀) after my high school studies.

I had chosen science for my higher studies as I was never indulged in any accounting/management fields and was somewhat oriented towards it too.

Medicine was always a matter of interest for me and hence, just after my high school completed, I started preparing for my upcoming entrance exams which were just 3 months away. So the 3 months I spent myself stuck amongst the excitement of just completing high school on one hand, and not so serious pressure about the upcoming exams for my medical career on the another hand. But not to be a financial burden on my small family, I wished I could get my name in the merit list.
And now was that time of the exam. I prayed to all the god and goddesses whose name I could remember but none of them heard my prayers and that was obvious for them not hearing because I  was a lazy fellow who didn't work hard in the first place. 
Results were out, some of my friends got enrolled in medical colleges whereas some, just like me, now got actually serious😂and decided to prepare again for appearing the next year's medical entrance exam. 

I got enrolled in one of the "prestigious" (well, this was meant to be a sarcasm) medical entrance preparation institute NAME. There were me as well as few of my friends from my hometown Chitwan who had joined the classes and were staying in a private hostel in Anamnagar, Ktm. We were slowly learning to swim in the sea of syllabus of medical entrance and I still can't believe how quickly the year had flown away. 

Now was the time of my second attempt. More prepared and a little more confident we appeared the medical entrance of 2018. I was however devastated returning from the MBBS exam when I knew i had made a mistake, and other answers followed too😪 I completely lost my hope, tore all my entrance books in rage or agony whatever u call it. That day I slept sick to my stomach, I had my BDS exam just a day later but I watched movie and didn't even touch a book till midnight (doing this was totally stupid tho'). I slept 5 hours and woke up to rush to my BDS exam centered at NAIHS. I returned from the exam, still hopeless and clueless about my future. 

MBBS results arrived that day, I failed, Again. But I had decided I would not get stuck on a single career option like crazy and had a little hope somewhere inside me about the BDS results. 

Fortunately, got my name at the 23rd place in the BDS merit list 2018. I was a bit disappointed but happy too because I now had a pathway established. 

Attended the orientation, visited MOE for about ten times for my scholarship application, and got my full scholarship seat in People's Dental College and Hospital which is one of the oldest and renowned dental colleges in Nepal under TU affiliation. 

So yes, here I am, no longer a medical aspirant and became a dental student who is currently studying in her third year and still feels hopeless sometimes. 😂😂 

          

For PDF and Notes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST DAY AT MOE

Bachelor of Dental surgery (BDS) : Basic introduction about the course